Thursday, 12 December 2013

The Nailed Closet

Future scene ...
Cops on patrol .
Guy hugs a guy amicably .
"Saale gay,jail mein daalo ."

Girl hugs a girl .
Cops(after a long awkward gap with their mouths agape) " Bhartiya sanskriti ka vinaash ! Jail me daalo !!"

Guy hugs a girl.
" Rape aise  chalu hota hai . Beat that bastard !!" ...

                        Well, at least transgendered will be relatively safe. Yay more power to them. If you are a resident of this glorious resplendent endearing nation which is totally just and fair and you don't live under a rock, you should know this piece of news. If you don't know or you believed the previous declaration, I'd suggest a newspaper and a sarcasm 101 course.
                      I'm talking about the repealing of the judgement that Delhi HC passed regarding section 377 ( the LGBT issue ) . Now, everybody expected the SC to support the decriminalisation of Gay relationships. But I guess the CJI decided to go out with a bang. He repealed the act, making it criminal to be a LGBT member. Ouch !That was like a final nail to the coffin (closet in this case.) That actually sucks more than you or I can imagine.
            My point of view on it. The only thing unnatural,abnormal here isn't being a LGBT ,it's the decision taken by the Supreme Court. Now , it's called supreme for a reason. Only legislature can effectively veto the decision ( So basically, it'll never get done ) . The judges of the SC are highly educated,dignified. For them to take such a orthodox and biased decision is quite disheartening. We say we have the right to freedom so why not enforce it? Quite frankly, a persons lifestyle choice is of no matter and no consequence to society.
                    The world is moving forward. Heck even Indians are now accepting love marriages!!! ( And believe me that is humongous ). And even so, ridiculous opinions are being voiced. A post by some person read "If gayness is allowed , jawans  posted on borders will start having sex with each other ". ( I shit you not, it read like this ). I mean , WHAT the bloody hell !! I didn't know being a jawan had a perk of lolling around and getting laid. And so what, if that does happen ? What goes on behind closed doors is hardly a public matter. It's not as if the LGBT community, isn't human ! In fact, the challenges, criticism they face actually make them more human than most people . They just have different inclinations than most people . And just because they do not conform to the general norm of mundane , they are being crucified. Why they are being made into scapegoats is a big enigma. Their inclinations are being hyped out of control when the matter is actually quite trivial. People ought to know not to poke their noses in others business. But gossip is a measure of power . The more shit you know, the more shit you can cause.
                         This post could very well be an essay if I vent everything, but it still will not make a difference until sense is hammered into people. I have absolutely no more words to express my angst . But I will enunciate that I am deeply grieved by this insensitive and regressive decision taken in a court of law . And people seriously, be human. Be compassionate. And force the hand of the government to erase this discriminating abomination !!

P.s. Pointers on how to interact with LGBT people
1. Approach them .
2. Cut out  the homophobic crass b.s.
3. Talk .

Keep it real folks .

No comments:

Post a Comment