It is done. The taxpayers , tired of the regressive way in which the country was being projected to the world and repelled by the vile untoward incidents towards women , lashed out , demanding change . And they got it with much jubilation , fervour and news footage . After a decade of the Congress ruling the country with a iron fist ( or appropriately a palm ) heralding that they are for and by the people, all their fallacies are out in the open, documented and duly concurred by the events taking place in that timeline .
Now, it's time for change. And change, there will be . If the polling results are any indication of the future, then the routing Congress got will continue only intensify next year. There will be change, followed by a uphill and extremely daunting task for the party that conquers the PMO . Major reforms will have to be rolled out , schemes implemented and projects fast tracked.
Though this may seem like a pivotal point, in my view, it's a small step albeit in the right direction. The true goal, I believe is best explained by John Lennon's ideology in his song Imagine . His idea of a free world is a true utopia. All said and done , who are politicians ? Mere mortal humans , like 7 billion others. They are in no way special , neither are they enlightened and highly educated (especially in our country ). Then why , I ask , should they be given the power to make decisions for a whole country?
I dream, of a country without any need of governance. I dream of a world, a big panacea where people are not divided by country, race, beliefs, money. I dream of a true world without borders where people can move about freely. I dream of a world without hunger, crime, greed or nepotism where all people are given equal opportunities to be all that they can and want to be. That will truly capture the essence of us humans and that will be the time when we will have fully understood the reason of our higher intelligence. When responsibilities and duties, become part of our behavioural quirks and when we no longer require hard wrought rules to exist, will be the true rise of freedom .
But, as a rationalist, I realise that dream may never be achieved. So I toast this welcome little change, a mere blip for now, and I hope this transcends into a dazzling guide beacon .
Now, it's time for change. And change, there will be . If the polling results are any indication of the future, then the routing Congress got will continue only intensify next year. There will be change, followed by a uphill and extremely daunting task for the party that conquers the PMO . Major reforms will have to be rolled out , schemes implemented and projects fast tracked.
Though this may seem like a pivotal point, in my view, it's a small step albeit in the right direction. The true goal, I believe is best explained by John Lennon's ideology in his song Imagine . His idea of a free world is a true utopia. All said and done , who are politicians ? Mere mortal humans , like 7 billion others. They are in no way special , neither are they enlightened and highly educated (especially in our country ). Then why , I ask , should they be given the power to make decisions for a whole country?
I dream, of a country without any need of governance. I dream of a world, a big panacea where people are not divided by country, race, beliefs, money. I dream of a true world without borders where people can move about freely. I dream of a world without hunger, crime, greed or nepotism where all people are given equal opportunities to be all that they can and want to be. That will truly capture the essence of us humans and that will be the time when we will have fully understood the reason of our higher intelligence. When responsibilities and duties, become part of our behavioural quirks and when we no longer require hard wrought rules to exist, will be the true rise of freedom .
But, as a rationalist, I realise that dream may never be achieved. So I toast this welcome little change, a mere blip for now, and I hope this transcends into a dazzling guide beacon .
Nice post jay... and well timed too... as a reader, i wonder wat to expect next frm u... hahaha...keep up the good work bro... cheers
ReplyDelete